Thursday, March 29, 2012

At Least I Tried

I've lost all of my baby weight and to celebrate I decided that I would take a little trip over the mountain and buy myself a new outfit in Provo. I had this master plan to get to the city pretty early, shop my way through the mall, grab desperately needed supplies from the hair stores, and then run up to see my neighbor and her newly born twin babies at the IHC in Murray.

It was such a good plan! I even had this little list of the specific clothing items I wanted for my new outfit. I really had high expectations in my head.

So we get to the mall and Stratton and I run into the food court and grab something to eat. He eats, I eat, we are all happy:)

We then start around the mall looking for these clothing items: mint green colored skinny jeans, white and navy blue striped shirt, colorful boyfriend cardigan, and a long necklace. Do you think I can find them? No. Very depressing. And everything that I look at seems to be a throwback to the ugliest part of the 80s. All the shirts were short, fat, and boxy. They even look terrible on the models and let me tell ya people....that is a HUGE red-flag. If a 103 lb model can't make that shirt look good, what chance do you think you have? Just sayin....

About one store into our mall expedition, Stratton starts to whine. Then he really starts to complain. By the time we are done with our first store, he is pretty much to full-on meltdown. This significantly shortens our shopping experience. I tell myself, "You haven't bought yourself anything so how about you skip on down to the MAC counter in Nordstrom's and by yourself that StudioFix pressed powder you've been missing for the past 1.5 years. It'll make your shopping trip worth it:)"

So I do. Except I don't. Nordstrom's is no longer in the Orem Mall. It pretty much crushed my little spirit.

But at least I tried:)

On to better things:
While there I ran to see my neighbors little babies! They are so tiny! She delivered them at 33 weeks so they will be in the NICU for quite awhile, but they are doing really well. They were fraternal twin girls. One weighed around 3 lbs 12 oz and the other was 4 lbs 1 oz. Can you believe that? Both of her little babies didn't even weigh as much as Stratton! Just seeing them so little and adorable made me want to cry. How amazing is it that we have the technology to save them when they are that young and small?! We are just so blessed:)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You're going to laugh at me....

I hate even shopping at the store anymore....everything I do is online.

SO I got curious about what I could find in the realm of what you're looking for. Just did a quick search. This is what I found =0)

Mint green skinny jeans (a.k.a. golf green) They're in the 11th row down.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx?Nao=0&Ne=4+840+877+878+5+961+6+29+3+579+963+1014+1031+8+587+15+12+1011+598+11+506+10+23+585+969+596+1022+586+1007+879+968+1027+18+904+903+833+1545&NOffset=0&Ntt=skinny+jeans&SearchString=skinny+jeans&pagesize=1&N=4294959029&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=external|xgn|searchresults

Navy and white striped blouse #1

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tommy-hilfiger-top-cap-sleeve-stripe-cowl-neck-tee?ID=618806&CategoryID=255&LinkType=&swatchColor=New%20Masters%20Navy#fn=COLOR%3DBlue%26sp%3D3%26spc%3D231%26ruleId%3D74%26slotId%3D

Navy and white striped blouse #2

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-tee-short-sleeve-cotton-striped-scoopneck?ID=637725&CategoryID=255&LinkType=&swatchColor=Intrepid%20Blue#fn=COLOR%3DBlue%26sp%3D3%26spc%3D231%26ruleId%3D74%26slotId%3D

Blue and white striped blouse #3 (It's not navy, but I love the fit)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/jessica-simpson-top-short-sleeve-batwing-striped-boat-neck?ID=657348&CategoryID=255&LinkType=&swatchColor=Indigo/White#fn=COLOR%3DBlue%26sp%3D4%26spc%3D231%26ruleId%3D74%26slotId%3D

You didn't specify what color "colorful" would be for your boyfriend cardigan so I didn't look.

I told you you'd laugh at me =0)

Anyway! Maybe it helps? Maybe not. It doesn't matter. I had fun!

Just anxious to go and get me a pair of my own skinny jeans......